Welcome to PDNS Manager
PDNS Manager is a simple yet powerful administration tool for the Powerdns authoritative nameserver. It supports master, native and slave zones.
PDNS Manager was developed from scratch to achieve a user-friendly and pretty looking interface.
PDNS Manager also features a powerful API to set records programmatically. This can be used not only for a dynamic DNS service but also to obtain certificates from Let's Encrypt via the dns-01 challenge.
The Backend of PDNS Manager is written in PHP using Slimphp. The backend uses a MySQL or Maria DB database. The database is used by Powerdns through the pdns-backend-mysql. The Frontend is developed using Angular and Bootstrap.
Download the current Version of PDNS Manager
Upgrading from version 1.x
As PDNS Manager 2.0 is a complete rewrite, there are some steps required to upgrade an existing installation to version 2.0. See Upgrading from version 1.x.
- Full support for master, slave and native zones
- Flexible plugin interface for authentication and session storage
- Simple interface for SOA record management
- Multi user capability and permission management
- Support for all valid DNS record types
- Powerful API for various applications
- Completely documented API between frontend and backend
- Licensed under Apache 2.0